Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A mid-week celebration


T'is our national holiday today, the 142th anniversary of Canada becoming independent of Great Britain. Wednesday's are the worst day of the week for such a holiday, leaving most with the prospect of a single day off work - no three or four day weekend in the offing. But Canadians still know how to enjoy themselves regardless of the day of the week and I trust everyone from coast to coast to coast is happy.

We have much to be thankful for in this part of the world and, for my part, I am happy to live in one of the best places on the planet. As well as for the recent news that my book on piracy has now entered the Canadian top 10 list of non-fiction bestsellers here, at number five, to boot.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported me, in Canada and abroad. I hope you remain supporters and tell everyone about the book. I didn't do it for the money (trust me when I say that book publishing is a tough business), but, rather, to spread the word about the plight facing mariners everywhere.

Happy Canada Day to one and all.

No comments: